Title: Education Programs Intern
Reports to: Director of Education
About the Dunes Center:
The Guadalupe-Nipomo Dunes Center is a natural history museum at the heart of historic downtown Guadalupe that strives to promote the conservation and restoration of the Guadalupe-Nipomo Dunes ecosystem. We offer inspiring educational programs aimed to bring awareness to our local natural areas and unveil new topics to students in our community.
Hours per week: 10-40 hours per week
$20 per hour
There are a two opportunities available. One opportunity is for our afterschool programs and is approximately 10 hours per week. The other opportunity is for a summer school program hosted in Santa Maria or San Luis Obispo.
Educational Program Interns support the Dunes Center’s goal of providing high-quality and engaging programming to children on the Central Coast. This part-time service is a mutually beneficial partnership that will enable the Dunes Center to engage local residents and children with educational opportunities and activities while the intern gains experiences that can be used for college or graduate school admissions, work experience, and personal fulfillment. Generally, this position requires an interest in science education, experience working with children, and a willingness to learn.
The Educational Program Interns contribute to Dunes Center programming. They will be responsible for creating or enhancing educational content relevant to the Dunes Center.
They will also be responsible for leading sessions of the off-site afterschool and other educational programs.
Internship Tasks Include:
- Creating educational activities
- Creating infographics and other educational content to post on social media platforms
- Creating and editing weekly educational videos to post on YouTube and Social Media accounts
- Teach pre-written lessons for our after school program at various school sites along the Central Coast
- Lead after school programs at the Dunes Center
Interns should possess the following abilities:
Upon Completion, Interns will:
- Have work experience(s) to draw upon when they enter the profession of their choice, including experience in the creation of science education activities for students
Send or email your resume and a brief personal statement describing your educational goals to:
Jenise Coates, Educational and Public Programs Coordinator
Guadalupe-Nipomo Dunes Center
1065 Guadalupe Street
Guadalupe, CA 93434